Star Cardiac Care Insurance policy details are as follows.In order to safe guard the individuals from Cardiac or heart related problems,Star Health Insurance introduced the Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy. This policy helps the cardiac or heart patients to save lot of money on hospital bills. The benefits of Cardiac Care Insurance Policy are as follows.
The Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy is for the individuals who have under gone
- PTCA – Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty:-( is a minimally invasive procedure to open up blocked coronary arteries, allowing blood to circulate unobstructed to the heart muscle)i.e stent
- CABG -Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery means an open heart surgery.
- For Both PTCA or CABG individual are also eligible for this policy provided the said operations has been done before 6 years from the date of first policy .
- The star care cardiac policy can be given individually but not as a family or groups
What is the sum insured in Star Cardiac Care insurance?
The sum insured for the Star cardiac care policy are Rs 3,00,000 and Rs 4,00,000 respectively.
Eligibility and entry of age in Star Cardiac Care insurance Policy
The eligibility and entry age for the star cardiac care policy is from 10 years to 65 years.
Renewal in Star Cardiac Care insurance Policy
Life time renewal is guaranteed.
Ambulance Facility in Star Cardiac Care insurance Policy
The ambulance expenses for the star cardiac care are Rs 750 per hospitalisation and Rs 1500 in a policy period.
Co-payment is applicable to new entrants only, who have taken the star cardiac care at the age of 61 years. The co pay is 10 % of each and every claim of the insured person who has taken the policy at 61 years.
Pre hospitalization expenses are covered 30 days prior to the date hospitalization.
Post hospitalization expenses are covered up to 60 days from the date of discharge from the hospital however the amounts are paid as follows. The expenses are paid as 7 % of the hospital bill excluding room rent subject to the maximum of Rs 5000
It is limited to Rs 5000
Under the star cardiac care insurance policy, the hospitalization expenses are covered for a minimum duration of 24 Hrs. These expenses covered are room rent,nursing and boarding charges, Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees,Cost of Medicines and Drugs.
Pre- Acceptance Medical Screening:-
Under the star cardiac care insurance policy, the pre acceptance screening test is compulsory. The insured person is required to undergo this test at the Company nominated centers. However the cost of screening test will be borne by the company.
For the purpose of coverage the star cardiac care insurance policy is divided into 2 plans Viz. Gold & Silver
|Gold Plan||Silver Plan|
|Hospitalization Expenses Incurred as an inpatient for:Section 1:- Illness/Sickness/Disease/Accidental Injuries Section 2 :- Any Cardiac related complications which necessitate surgery/intervention and cardiac medical management||Hospitalization Expenses Incurred as in patient for:Section 1:- Illness/Sickness/Disease/Accidental Injuries Section 2 :- Any Cardiac related complications which necessitate surgery/intervention only|
Other Benefits of Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy:-
- No third Party Administrator ( TPA)
- Direct In house claim settlements
- Tax benefit
- 15 days of free look period
- As this company has got in house settlement it is easy, faster and hassle free claim settlement
- 24 X 7 help line
- Free look period
- Cash less Hospitalization
- Facility for maintaining personal health records in electronic format
- More than 6000 hospitals in India